Please see some quick information related to events that were scheduled for the next two weeks. As you know, per Governor Northam's decision this afternoon, schools will be closed until March 27th.
1. Our Reward Activity to AJ Skateworld will be postponed. At this point, we are unsure if we will be able to reschedule this trip. However, we will celebrate our positive citizenship as soon as we can in some way.
2. The Science Fair, scheduled for March 17, has been postponed.
3. The Public Speaking Tournament, scheduled for March 23rd has been postponed.
4. Our Family Math/Literacy Night, celebrating "The Toothpaste Millionaire" will be postponed. We will continue reading our chapters upon our return to school.
5. Our School Booster-Thon that you have received flyers for and is posted on our school PTO Facebook page has been postponed. We will provide more information as we can.
3rd and 4th Grade Field trips to Poplar Forest and Red Hill are still on our calendar for March 30th-April 2nd. We will make decisions regarding those trips closer to those dates.
Our division has been working faithfully today to plan for continued "distance learning" packets for our students. We will provide more information on these on Monday.
Thank you for understanding. The health and well-being for all is the priority.